Tuesday, 8 June 2010
We are at the end of our class blog activities:
CONGRATULATIONS to THE 128 MEMBERS OF OUR CLASS BLOG and to constant bloggers! Thank you to intermittent bloggers and viewers!
I do hope you have learnt :
- that learning English can be fun and motivating
- that writing in English can be improved through constant writing
- many interesting facts about one another
- how to work in the public space, how to create an account and exploit other platforms (such as Voxopop, yahoogroups)
You will have the chance to create your own blogs. You will be responsible for the posts and invite colleagues and friends to make comments.
All the blogs will be linked to our class wiki. You will also find instructions about requirements, do's and don'ts, there.
Wishing you all a very nice summer holiday and success in the next exams!
Tuesday, 25 May 2010
Money means different things to different people.
It can buy a bed but not sleep.
It can buy a clock but not time.
It can buy you a book but not knowledge.
It can buy you a position but not class and respect.
It can buy you medicine but not health.
It can buy you blood but not life.
What does money mean to you? In up to 30 words, express your opinion about money.
Friday, 7 May 2010
In this comment you are supposed to write a sentence beginning: I've learnt... It should be an example of what you have learnt from your own experience. Then explain how you came to this conclusion by giving a few details. Keep it short, don't write more than 50 words.
I have learnt painfully that even the most precise plans can be ruined by adverse circumstances.
Explanation: My trip to England had been planned in detail two months in advance. However, it was cancelled in the last minute due to volcanic eruption in Iceland. Therefore, I had to travel by coach for a day and two nights instead of two and a half hours to attend the courses in Oxford.
Now, what have you learnt?
Wednesday, 28 April 2010
Since I am writing this task from Oxford, UK, I will tell you a few things which you have to do and which you mustn't do when in England. I am sure you may know some of them already:
1. You have to drive on the left.
2. You have to queue for the bus, paying at the tills, etc.
3. You have to say 'good morning' and 'thank you' to the bus driver.
1. You must not jump the queue.
2. You must not smoke in public places.
3. You must not brag.
Write 3 sentences telling foreingers what they Have to do when coming to Romania, and 3 sentences about what they Must not do.
A SENTENCE THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN WRITTEN, CANNOT BE REPEATED!
Friday, 26 March 2010
In this post I will make some observations regarding your posts.
1. Please be more careful at grammar and spelling. Now you are not new to blogging. If your comment has not appeared, it means you need to improve it, so please do so.
2. Don’t use Google translator: “Its major activity is manufacturing and product ditribuirea cosmetice.Printre Avon products”
3. Swot analysis – describe a local company, not an international one
4. Don’t write more than 50-60 words/post.
5. Barcelona post: describe the picture, what you see, guess things. It is important for you to write, not to be right.
6. Conversation e-club: is for speaking, not writing, so read the post carefully
7. What’s going on: use present continuous. You are not supposed to make riddles.